Sage Recovery Villa is a 15-bed, 35-day residential treatment center for adults struggling with substance abuse and co- occurring mental health issues. This luxury treatment center is located on 24-acres of countryside estate, just east of Austin, in Manor, TX. Sage Recovery Villa is projected to open June 2018.
Sage Recovery Villa is currently seeking a full-time therapist, who specializes in the treatment of substance use and trauma.
Position Title: Trauma-Focused Therapist
Reports to: Clinical Director
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Facilitate daily process groups and psychoeducational groups with adults in early recovery
- Facilitate individual and family therapy, carrying a caseload of no more than eight clients
- Conduct psychosocial, diagnostic assessments
- Assist the Clinical Director with helping grow and further develop the program’s curriculum.
- Fill out and maintain client-related paperwork including daily treatment notes, master treatment plans, treatment plan updates, and discharge summaries.
- Distribute and collect urine drug screens from clients, when necessary.
- Help clients develop relapse prevention plans, promote continuity of care, and assist clients in the step-down process from treatment; referring clients or family members to community resources or specialists as necessary.
- Maintain contact with each client’s professional and personal support system, pending client consent, involving the support system in discharge planning.
- Counsel family members to assist them in understanding and supporting clients.
- Help facilitate Family Visitation and Family Weekend, when necessary.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, consultation meetings, and on-site trainings.
- Maintain requirements to keep license (LPC, LCSW, LMSW, LPC-I, LMFT, LCDC) current.
- Attend occasional marketing events off-site. This may include an evening or weekend event.
Skills & Specifications:
- Trauma-focused treatment specialties, such as EMDR or Somatic Experiencing, required
- Desire for experiential therapy opportunities, such as psychodrama, integrative breathwork, and art therapy
- Experience working in a residential treatment center setting, a plus
- Passion for working with individuals with substance use and mental health disorders
- Proficiency in the diagnosis and treatment of mental health disorders
- Knowledge of effective treatment and management of clients with chronic mental health and substance abuse issues, using a trauma-informed and social justice geared approach
- Knowledge of 12-Step and alternative sober support groups
- Knowledge of evidence-based frameworks and interventions relevant to mental health conditions, i.e., disease model, harm reduction, motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral therapy
- Knowledge of basic psychopharmacology and medical terminology
- Familiarity with the stages of change
- Case management skills and knowledge of local resources for outside referrals
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in substance abuse and mental health
- This is a full-time position, intended for weekday business hours but has some flexibility on days and hours if weekend day(s) preferred.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours, as needed
Education & Qualification:
- Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, or social work (LMSW, LCSW, LPC-i, LPC, LMFT) from an accredited institution
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) a plus, or willingness to become licensed
- Acu Detox Specialist (ADS) and/or Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) a plus, or willingness to become certified
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 100% Company-Paid Medical, Dental & Vision benefits
- Health & Dependent Care Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Acu Detox Certification Training
- Electronic Medical Records for minimizing paperwork
- Team development
- Thorough training in the program’s specific treatment model and didactics
- Free on-site continuing education units