Sage Recovery Villa is looking for a Qigong Instructor
Sage Recovery Villa is a 35-day, 15-bed residential treatment center for adults struggling with substance use, specializing in trauma and co-occurring disorders. This luxury treatment center is located on 24-acres of countryside estate, just east of Austin, in Manor, TX.
Our facility is looking for a qigong instructor who is passionate about helping clients learn qigong in a safe space, who loves to lead students through exercises that help improve well-being in both group and individual sessions. We are looking for a qigong instructor who holds appropriate qi gong credentials and can take our clients through cohesive qi gong sequences, abide by our policies, and effectively engage a group of clients.
To Apply: If you meet the necessary qualifications, please send a resume & cover letter to Careers@SageRecoveryAustin.com.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and implement services based on clients’ daily goals and needs.
- Conduct group qigong sessions.
- Document the clients’ progress information in the treatment chart.
- Teach safe, effective exercises to a variety of populations
- Maintain current qigong practice and applicable instructor training
- Wear proper attire
- Adhere to our center’s standards of conduct for contractors
- Provide proof of completed state-required trainings including: HIPAA, Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation, Communicable Diseases, and Non-Violent Crisis Communication training. (If the instructor does not already have these trainings from another facility, the company will provide at no additional cost to the facilitator).
- Record all hours accurately and submit to billing for payment monthly.
Skills & Specifications:
- Maintain a positive and energetic attitude
- Be passionate about mental health and wellness
- Have at least one year of experience leading qigong classes
- Knowledge/Experience in working with clients with chronic mental health and substance abuse issues is a plus.
- Knowledge/Experience in other energetic healing modalities, such as Reiki, a plus.
- Do not touch the clients without asking permission and only if necessary. Rather use verbal queues or demonstrate the posture yourself. Many clients come to the center with past trauma. Physical touch of any kind can be perceived as threatening or invasive. Please be mindful of this.
- Provide the clients with options for other postures. Some clients might be limited physically, while others may need options in order to make the practice their own. This aims to teach clients flexibility and a sense of control.
- Know if there are any physical limitations for the clients. At the beginning of class ask clients if there are any physical limitations.
- Clean up space after the class and restore it to its original condition. Put the supplies way and clean up any sweat that might be on the floor. If they clients have used one of the center’s mats, please have them spray it down and hang it outside to dry.
- Complete a note in the client’s file stating the general topic of class and any reactions from the client.
- This is a contract position. Group Qigong schedule is as follows: Wednesdays & Saturdays 8-9am.
- Additional hours could become available, including private sessions for interested clients.
- $30/hour base rate, plus $2/client per class. $55/hour for private 1:1 lessons.
- Electronic Medical Records for minimizing paperwork.
- Multi-disciplinary team staffing for support.