Sage Recovery & Wellness Center is a fast-growing mental health center offering both residential and outpatient treatment programs for adults and adolescents struggling with mental health, alcohol and/or substance abuse. In our holistic approach, we offer individual counseling, couples & family counseling, yoga, equine therapy, acupuncture detoxification, group therapy, intensive outpatient group therapy, and myriad other evidenced based approaches designed to heal the mind, body, and spirit. Sage facilities are located in Austin and in Manor, Texas.
Our Human Resources Manager reports directly to the Clinical Director and Owners, and must be committed to continuous enhancement of our company culture for the benefit of both our clients and our entire employee team. We recruit top talent, and provide our staff members with an exceptional work experience where their ideas and positive energy directly results in exceptional client outcomes. Our ideal candidate will be skilled in managing recruiting, compensation, recognition, training, performance management and employee relations in a manner that retains staff members long-term and builds the Sage Recovery and Wellness Center brand. We are proud of the diversity in our workforce, and our Human Resources Manager is tasked with ensuring that our company culture welcomes a diverse population and supports each person in achieving career goals within the organization and capitalizing on their inherent talent in a thriving company. The ideal candidate is a person that shares our passion for helping those individuals afflicted by addiction and mental health issues. This position presents a unique opportunity to be a part of a highly regarded treatment facility that is serving an often misunderstood population, while simultaneously working to alleviate the stigma this population frequently encounters.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages and actively participates in our talent acquisition process, including recruiting, screening, interviewing, hiring, onboarding, and subsequent training and professional development
- Initiates milestone celebration and appreciation actions and events
- Keeps employee records up-to-date, accurate and compliant with relevant agency certification and federal, state and local regulations and licensing
- Complete payroll through HR software
- Leads projects and activities including manager and employee coaching, process development and continuous improvement, and investments in our operating environments
- Develops training and performance management programs that ensure all employees are familiar with their job responsibilities and performance expectations and current status
- Creates and updates compensation strategy through market analysis and pay surveys
- Authors and contributes to communications streams
- Handles investigation and resolution of employee issues, concerns and conflicts
- Ensures all employment practices comply with federal, state and local regulations
- Coordinates benefit administration through processing of insurance enrollments, terminations, and changes and responds to employee inquiries.
- Identifies underutilized talent within the existing workforce and capitalizes on that talent to increase job satisfaction and benefit the organization as a whole
- Conducts best practices research, and data collection and analysis, and champions pertinent management action
- Minimum 5 years, with 10 or more years HR experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Labor Relations or Business. SHRM Certification preferred but not required
- Obvious positive, energetic, inspiring attitude
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and verbal communication
- Proficient with modern technology tools including, but not limited to, cell phone texting and applications, Microsoft Office or comparable applications suite, remote conferencing and collaboration tools, and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Knowledge of industry best practices, including compensation strategy, performance management, employee relations, safety practices, talent acquisition, conflict resolution and the ability to apply this information in a manner that is compliant with relevant employment law
- Capable of compiling and analyzing employment data to guide strategic planning
- Comfort with the ambiguity of a high-growth environment and, consistent with an early stage company – willing to pitch-in as needed to make the team successful.
- Possess excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, balance multiple responsibilities, set priorities, and solve problems in teamwork with others.
- Professional maturity and judgment
- Sufficient manual dexterity and physical ability required to perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to lift 15-30 lbs.
- Required to move from one location to another within and outside of the building, and periodically drive between our Austin area locations
- Must be able to speak and write English fluently
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Austin, TX
Salary: Commensurate with experience