Private practice can be isolating. This is the perfect position for a skilled clinician wanting to supplement their private practice and learn and grow by being part of a clinical team. Sage is currently seeking Part-Time therapists to provide individual, group, couples or family counseling, group therapy and/or conduct biopsychosocial assessments. Here at Sage Recovery, we provide opportunities for growth and advancement.
Sage Recovery & Wellness Center is an outpatient treatment center for adults and adolescents with mental health struggles and/or substance abuse. We offer individual counseling, couples & family counseling, group therapy, yoga, acu detox and intensive outpatient programming (IOP). Sage is located in Austin, TX approximately one mile west of the Capital of Texas Highway on Bee Caves Rd. in Westlake.
Additional occasional group therapy coverage is available at our substance use residential treatment center just 10 minutes north of Austin Bergstrom International Airport near the 130 Toll Rd & FM 973 on the border of Manor & Austin.
Skills & Specifications:
- Proficiency in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders.
- Knowledge of efficient and effective treatment and management of clients with chronic mental health and substance abuse issues.
- Knowledge of 12-step and other sober support groups.
- Knowledge of evidence-based behavioral assessments and interventions relevant to mental health conditions and effective interventions, i.e., disease model, motivational interviewing, CBT, expressive arts therapies, and other experiential modalities. DBT training a BIG plus.
- Knowledge of basic psychopharmacology and medical terminology.
- Familiarity with the stages of change and stages of recovery.
- Case-management skills and knowledge of local resources for outside referrals.
- 2 years of experience working in substance abuse and mental health.
- Experience conducting therapeutic groups.
Education & Qualification:
- Texas master’s license in counseling, or social work (LMSW, LCSW, LPC-i, LPC, LMFT)
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) a plus
- EMDR Certified a plus
- RYT or ADS a plus
- DBT training or certification a plus
- Masters Degree from an accredited institution