The Program Manager manages day to day operations of Sage Recovery & Wellness Center, an outpatient mental health and wellness center. Responsible for supervision of clinical and administrative staff. Carries out all duties while maintaining compliance and confidentiality and promoting the mission and philosophy of the organization. The Program Manager will assist in the management of the assigned staff, develop and implement non-clinical policies and procedures, assist the Clinical Director in implementing policies and procedures, manage inventory, supplies and budget, submit monthly reports, train and supervise assigned staff, evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of program operations, and assist in marketing the programs and services.
- Manages the business, technical, and clinical support activities of an outpatient center.
- Assists with implementation of center-specific client service, human resource, and financial goals and objectives consistent with the company’s strategic plan and goals.
- Assists Clinical Director with preparation of annual capital and operating budgets and monitors expenses.
- Assists with development and/or implementation of center-specific policies, procedures, and programs and monitors adherence to system-wide policies/standardizations.
- Coordinates with Admissions & Clinical Directors and manages staffing to ensure proper coverage for services, anticipated admissions and company growth.
- Ensures compliance with company standards as well as applicable federal, state, and local laws, including implementing environment of care and other state required audits and surveys.
- Addresses patient care or service complaints to ensure client satisfaction.
- In collaboration with Clinical Director, responsibilities include performance evaluations, disciplinary actions of administrative staff, staff training and development, promoting teamwork and fostering a positive work environment.
- Efficiency of units by collaborating with other program managers to share staff and resources, overseeing productivity and metrics outcomes of department and therapists, scheduling, and daily/weekly/monthly operational issues and tasks.
- Maintains and updates contracts including service agreements and 3rd party contractors and administrates all company technology and documentation systems.
- Provides counsel to Clinical Director regarding needs of the clients, personnel needs, financial needs, professional practices, and health planning.
- Employs, contracts, recruits, manages, and directs qualified personnel to carry out policies and procedures of the center, ensuring adequate staff education and evaluation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, or related field and two (2) or more years of experience working in the office of a center or similar outpatient setting, or
- Supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven proficiency in financial management and data analysis.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission, HIPPA and State regulations.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and organization skills
- Experience in planning and executing multiple program schedules, staffing requirements and competing priorities.