Sage Recovery Villais a 35-day, 15-bed residential treatment center for adults struggling with substance use and co-occurring mental health issues. This luxury treatment center is located on 24-acres of countryside estate, just east of Austin, in Manor, TX.
Sage Recovery Villa is seeking PRN (as needed) Behavioral Health Techniciansto oversee the safety and well-being of clients and ensure adherence of clients to treatment programming and scheduling.
Behavioral Health Technicians are responsible for around-the-clock supervision and care of clients, maintaining client adherence to treatment and focus on non-clinical treatment goals. They will monitor self-administration of medications and urinalysis collection, document observation of client behavior, and maintain a welcoming, nonjudgmental environment that encourages and supports clients in their recovery.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Monitors and documents client behavior and activity during shift; observes for signs of injury, illness, emotional distress, or other conditions requiring medical attention; communicates client status to clinical team and incoming technicians
- Provides client orientation upon admission
- Supervises client adherence to programming schedule
- Conducts routine client and property screens as well as daily safety and compliance inspections
- Collects client UA samples
- Monitors client self-administration of medication; maintains medication records and inventory
- Leads daily house meeting to facilitate discussion and conflict resolution of the milieu
- Transports clients to and from recovery meetings and scheduled outings
- Document completion and scanning, insurance claim submission, and additional administrative tasks
- Light housekeeping
- Assist in answering phones
- Exhibits an open-mind approach to support client focus on recovery and utilization of coping skills
- Maintains a safe, healthy, clean and positive environment for clients and staff; exhibits model behavior for other technicians, demonstrating self-control and sound judgement at all times
- Applies crisis intervention techniques per company guidelines in stressful, volatile situations with or between clients
- Follows emergency protocol and procedures, initiating if necessary
- Maintains professional boundaries with staff/clients and upholds client confidentiality per HIPAA guidelines
- Upholds the mission, values, policies and spirit of Sage Recovery Villa
- Related tasks as assigned by Residential Services Manager
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Basic computer skills; Microsoft Office/Outlook preferred
- Working knowledge of substance use and mental health, including an understanding of 12-Step and 12-Step alternative programming
- Interest and/or knowledge of substance use disorders and mental health
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- Valid Texas driver’s license and clean driving record; driver must be able to be insured for company vehicle
Education & Qualification:
- High-school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in residential treatment environment, a plus
- Must be CPR/First Aid certified upon or within 90 days of hire
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20lbs at a time
- Must be able to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to climb stairs
- Must be able to drive a passenger van
Possible shifts are 1st: 6:30am -3:00pm, 2nd: 2:30pm-11pm, 3rd: 10:30pm-7:00am; 7 days a week.
Sage Recovery Villa is an equal opportunity employer.