Sage Recovery is currently seeking: PRN licensed master’s level therapists with IOP or PHP experience as well as substance use disorder experience to provide group and assessment coverage. A PRN would also need to be able to be on-call for coverage when a therapist calls in unexpectedly. The on-call shifts would potentially be called in to cover either of the 2 locations listed below.
Occasionally shifts will be pre-booked to offer scheduled coverage for planned vacations, however, this is not a regular part-time position and is best used to supplement current income.
Sage Recovery Villais a 15-bed, 35-day residential treatment center for adults struggling with substance use, specializing in treating professionals and their families struggling with substance use. This luxury treatment center is located on 24-acres of countryside estate, east of Austin, in Manor, TX.
Sage Recovery & Wellness Center is an outpatient wellness center for the whole family offering individual, couples & family counseling, medication management, group therapy, wellness groups (yoga, acu detox, qi gong), and intensive outpatient group (IOP) therapy programs. Sage is located in Austin, TX approximately one mile west of the Capital of Texas Highway on Bee Caves Rd. in Westlake.
AM On-call shifts:
Mondays: 8:30am – 12:30pm (IOP or PHP experience required)
Tuesdays: 9:00am – 2pm (DBT skills & assessment experience required)
Wednesdays: 9:30am – 1:30pm (IOP or PHP experience required)
Thursdays: 9:00am – 2pm (assessment experience required)
Fridays: 8:30am – 12:30pm (IOP or PHP experience required)
Saturdays: 9:00am – 1:00pm (group therapy & substance use experience required)
PM On-call shifts:
Mondays: 4:30pm – 9:00pm (Adult andadolescent IOP or PHP experience required)
Tuesdays: 4:30pm – 9:00pm (Adult and adolescent IOP or PHP experience required)
Wednesdays: 5:30pm – 9:00pm (Adult IOP or PHP experience required)
Thursdays: 4:30pm – 9:00pm (Adult and adolescent IOP or PHP experience required)
Fridays: 4:30pm – 9:00pm (IOP or PHP experience required)
Saturdays: 1:00pm – 5:00pm (group therapy & substance use experience required)
- Must meet qualifications and be available for a minimum 10 on-call shifts per month.
- Must be available to work 1 holiday per year
- Must be available for monthly PRN meeting one evening per month
- Must be available for phone consultation prior to scheduled covered shift with primary therapist
Experience & Education:
- Proficiency in the diagnosis and treatment of mental and substance use disorders.
- Experience with adults and adolescents.
- Knowledge of efficient and effective treatment and management of clients with chronic mental health issues.
- Knowledge of group dynamics and modalities.
- Knowledge of evidence-based behavioral assessments and interventions relevant to mental health conditions, i.e., disease model, motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral therapy. DBT training a BIG plus.
- Knowledge of basic psychopharmacology and medical terminology.
- Case-management skills and knowledge of local resources for outside referrals.
- 2 years of experience working in substance abuse and/or mental health.
- Experience conducting therapeutic groups.
Education & Qualification:
- Texas master’s level license in counseling, or social work (LMSW, LCSW, LPC-i, LPC, LMFT)
- DBT training or certification a plus
- Degree from an accredited institution
- IOP and/or DBT skills group experience required.
- Assessment experience required for assessment on-call shifts
Job Type: Part-time