Sage Recovery Villa is a 15-bed, 35-day residential treatment center for adults struggling with substance use, specializing in treating professionals and their families struggling with substance use. This luxury treatment center is located on 24-acres of countryside estate, east of Austin, in Manor, TX.
Sage Recovery Villa is currently seeking a full-time therapist, who specializes in the treatment of substance use and trauma.
Position Title:Residential Substance Use Program Therapist
Position Schedule: Tuesday – Saturday 8:30am – 5:00pm –additional hours as needed.
Reports to: Clinical Director
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Facilitate daily process groups and psycho-educational groups with adults in early recovery
- Facilitate individual and family therapy
- Conduct psycho-social, diagnostic assessments & clinical phone screens
- Assist the Clinical Director with helping further develop the program’s clinical curriculum.
- Fill out and maintain client-related paperwork including daily treatment notes, master treatment plans, treatment plan updates, and discharge summaries
- Help clients develop relapse prevention plans, promote continuity of care, and assist clients in the step-down process from treatment; referring clients or family members to community resources or specialists as necessary
- Maintain contact with each client’s professional and personal support system, pending client consent, involving support system in discharge planning
- Counsel family members to assist them in understanding and supporting clients
- Assist with Family Visitation and Family Weekend
- Attend weekly staff meetings, consultation meetings, and on-site trainings
- Maintain requirements to keep license (LPC, LCSW, LMFT, LCDC) current
- Attend occasional marketing events off-site. This may include an evening or weekend event.
Skills & Specifications:
- Minimum 2 years adult drug & alcohol residential treatment center experience required
- Trauma-focused treatment specialties, such as EMDR or Somatic Experiencing, preferred
- Desire for experiential therapy opportunities, such as psychodrama, integrative breath work, and art therapy
- Proficiency in the diagnosis and treatment of co-occurring mental health disorders
- Knowledge of effective treatment and management of clients with chronic substance use and mental health issues, using a trauma-informed and client-centered geared approach
- Knowledge of 12-Step and alternative sober support groups
- Knowledge of evidence-based frameworks and interventions relevant to mental health conditions, i.e., disease model, harm reduction, motivational interviewing, dialectical behavioral therapy
- Knowledge of basic psychopharmacology and medical terminology
- Familiarity with the stages of change
- Case management skills and knowledge of local resources for outside referrals
Hours: This is a full-time position, Tuesday – Saturday 8:30am – 5:00pm – additional hours when needed.
Education & Qualification:
- Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, or social work from an accredited institution
- Experience in a substance use residential treatment center for adults required.
- Fully licensed in Texas as either an LCSW, LPC, or LMFT
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) a plus, or willingness to become licensed
- Acu Detox Specialist (ADS), Qi Gong and/or Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) a plus, or willingness to become certified
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Short Term Disability policies
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care
- Paid Time Off
- Acu Detox Certification Training