Sage Recovery & Wellness Centeris an outpatient treatment center for adults and adolescents struggling with mental health and/or substance abuse; offering individual counseling, couples & family counseling, group therapy, yoga, acu detox and intensive outpatient group (IOP) therapy programs. Sage is located in Austin, TX approximately one mile west of the Capital of Texas Highway on Bee Caves Rd. in Westlake.
Sage is currently seeking a part-time therapist for an evening Adolescent Dual Diagnosis IOP position.
Experience with substance abuse, DBT, and adolescent treatment much preferred.
At Sage Recovery & Wellness Center, we provide opportunities for growth and advancement.
Skills & Specifications:
- Proficiency in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders in adolescents.
- Knowledge of efficient and effective treatment and management of adolescent clients with chronic mental health and substance abuse issues.
- Knowledge of 12-step and other sober support groups.
- Knowledge of evidence-based behavioral assessments and interventions relevant to mental health conditions, i.e., disease model, motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral therapy. DBT training a BIG plus.
- Knowledge of basic psychopharmacology and medical terminology.
- Familiarity with the stages of change and stages of recovery.
- Case-management skills and knowledge of local resources for outside referrals.
- Experience communicating with and involving parents in treatment.
- 2 years of experience working in substance abuse and mental health.
- Experience conducting therapeutic groups.
Education & Qualification:
- Texas master‚Äôs license in counseling, or social work (LMSW, LCSW, LPC-i, LPC, LMFT)
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) a plus
- DBT training or certification a plus
- Degree from an accredited institution
Job Type: Part-time