Sage Recovery & Wellness Center is an outpatient mental health treatment center for adults and adolescents. The center offers individual, couples, and family counseling, weekly group therapy, and intensive outpatient group therapy programs, specializing in both substance use and mental health. Sage Recovery & Wellness Center is located in Austin, TX.
Sage Recovery Villa is a 35-day, 15-bed residential treatment center for adults struggling with substance use, specializing in trauma and co-occurring disorders. This luxury treatment center is located on 24-acres of countryside estate, just east of Austin, in Manor, TX.
Under the direction of the Medical Director, and reporting to the Clinical Director, the Psychiatric Advance Practice Nurse is responsible for the implementation and evaluation of the organization’s medical programs in accordance with national and state accreditation standards. This position splits time between both locations.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Functions independently to complete medical, psychiatric, and social history on all residential clients; performs complete physical exams; interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan
- Functions independently to perform client medication assessment
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to client needs
- Collaborates with the Medical Director in managing acute and long-term medical needs of clients
- Maintains, reviews, and signs off on client records, charts, and other pertinent information accurately and efficiently
- Instructs and educates client and client’s family and significant others regarding medications, client’s condition, and treatment instructions post discharge and for the home environment
- Individual must become proficient in exercising autonomy in medical decision making and providing a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services
- Collaborate with the Medical Director, Clinical Director, and staff therapists to discuss service plans and progress
- Counsel clients during appointments and by phone as necessary
- Design/participate in the development of individualized service plans, using a variety of treatments
- Review and evaluate treatment procedures and outcomes of other medical staff when necessary
- Prepare and submit assessments, progress notes, reports and summaries to entities/agencies as required by the organization
- Return calls and emails promptly (within 24 hours of receipt or sooner if clinically necessary)
- Shares on-call rotation with Medical Director for medical and psychiatric emergencies
- Additional duties as assigned
Skills & Specifications:
- Proficiency in the diagnosis and treatment of mental health and substance use disorders
- Knowledge of clinical and community-based treatment options for substance use disorders
- Great interpersonal skills and friendly disposition
- Adaptability. We are a growing start-up opening a new residential location. We need competence combined with flexibility.
- Passion for working in the substance use and mental health fields
Hours and Travel:
- This is a full time, salaried exempt position. There is some flexibility with regularly scheduled hours.
- This position works with both Sage Recovery locations- Sage Recovery & Wellness Center and Sage Recovery Villa. Travel between the two locations is a requirement and occurs with the employee’s personal vehicle.
- Graduation from a state certified advance practice program specializing in a psychiatry/mental health;
- ANCC certification in one of the following areas:
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Adult Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Family Psychiatric–Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Adult Psychiatric-Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist
- An unrestricted license to practice as an advanced practice registered nurse (APRN)
- An unrestricted DEA registration in each state where direct services will be provided;
- A state-issued Controlled Substance Registration (CSR) in each state where direct services will be provided (if required by state);
- Registration with the state Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP) in each state where direct services will be provided (if required by state);
- No suspension/exclusion/debarment from participation in federal health care programs (e.g. Medicare, Medicaid, SCHIP);
- Adolescent experience preferred
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 100% Company-Sponsored Base medical, vision, short-term disability, and dental health benefits for the employee
- Pre-tax dependent care and health care spending accounts
- Generous paid time off accruement
- Paid Holidays
- Electronic Medical Records for minimizing paperwork
- Three paid Professional Development days
- Professional liability insurance provided