Sage Recovery & Wellness Center is a fast-growing mental health center offering both residential and outpatient treatment programs for adults and adolescents struggling with mental health, alcohol and/or substance use. In our holistic approach, we offer individual counseling, couples & family counseling, yoga, equine therapy, acupuncture detoxification, group therapy, intensive outpatient group therapy, and myriad other evidenced based approaches designed to heal the mind, body, and spirit. Sage facilities are located in Austin and in Manor, Texas.
We are looking for an Associate Clinical Director with exceptional leadership and decision making ability who can maintain an excellent environment for our clients and staff.
Under the direction of Director of Clinical Operations, the Associate Clinical Director is responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and daily operations in accordance with the national standards and those set out by the organization. He/she works within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct, plan and coordinate the work of clinical and administrative staff, including scheduling, supervision, evaluation, training and team building, in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- In consultation with the Director of Clinical Operations, responsible for the hiring, coaching and HR related matters for clinical and administrative employees
- Lead employees using a performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
- Oversee Clinical Team Lead(s) and delegate tasks as appropriate.
- Oversee clinical intern program.
- In conjunction with the Director of Clinical Operations, create and train employees on new policies, procedures and protocols for clinical staff and maintain clinical Protocol and Procedure Manual.
- Conduct, delegate, or oversee regular annual trainings for all employees and contractors.
- Organize and attend weekly departmental meetings to maintain effective communication
- Work with the Director of Clinical Operations and Quality & Compliance Manager to ensure compliance for all accrediting agencies, such as Joint Commission and Department of State Health Services, and any other regulatory requirements.
- Compile, maintain and report on the monthly, quarterly and annual program statistics.
- Maintain knowledge on trends in the substance abuse and mental health field to continue developing and implementing evidence-supported treatment options.
- Field clinical complaints and concerns from clients, their loved ones and/or outside providers
- Provide clinical services as needed.
- Maintain professional boundaries with staff and uphold confidentiality with management material and knowledge.
- Uphold the mission, values, policies and spirit Sage, and help boost staff morale.
- Participate in on-call rotation to field clinical concerns or staff emergencies
- Market Sage outpatient and Residential treatment services to the community through community events, presentations, networking, and lectures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Specifications
- Proficiency in the diagnosis and treatment of mental health and substance use disorders
- Knowledge of 12-step and other sober support group options
- Knowledge of evidence-based mental health interventions, i.e. motivational interviewing, dialectical behavioral therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, and cognitive behavioral therapy
- Knowledge of basic psychopharmacology and medical terminology
- Case management skills and knowledge of local resources for outside referrals
- This is a full time, salaried exempt, 40 hours per week position. There is some flexibility with regularly scheduled hours.
- Be available at least 1 weekend a month for Family Programming at RTC.
- Ability to occasionally cover shifts due to employee absences, if coverage cannot be arranged, which could happen on the weekends or in the evenings
Education & Qualification
- Master’s degree in counseling, social work or mental health related field
- 3 years of experience working in substance abuse and mental health fields
- 3 years of management or leadership experience
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) preferred
- Experience working with state or private regulatory institutions preferred
- Acu Detox Specialist a plus or willingness to get certified
- Strong problem solving and leadership skills
- Must have reliable transportation to travel between both Sage locations regularly
- Frequently required to sit or stand, use manual dexterity, speak, listen, hear, and write.
- Works in an office environment with little or occasional light physical effort, and low noise.
- May be required lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Required to move from one location to another within and outside of the building, and drive between our Austin area locations
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Company-Sponsored Base medical, vision, and dental health benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Paid Holidays and 8-hour floating holiday as a gift for the employee’s birthday
- Electronic Medical Records for minimizing paperwork
- Three Personal Development and Training days
Please submit your resume & cover letter, indicating your salary requirements.
Sage Recovery & Wellness Center is and Equal Opportunity Employer.