Sage Recovery Villa is a 15-bed, 35-day residential treatment center for adults struggling with substance abuse and co-occurring mental health issues. This luxury treatment center is located on 24-acres of countryside estate, just east of Austin, in Manor, TX. Sage Recovery Villa is projected to open June 2018.
Sage Recovery Villa is currently seeking a Head Chef to shape a recovery-oriented culinary experience for our clients, promoting wellness through nutrition, centered around seasonal, organic ingredients with the guidance of a registered dietitian.
Position Title: Head Chef
Reports to: Residential Services Manager
The Head Chef is responsible for training and maintaining additional kitchen staff to provide clients with delicious, nutritious menus that promote an adventurous culinary spirit, while ensuring all local and state health department standards are met. This position will curate rotating 35-day (5-week) menu blocks that incorporate seasonal, nutrient-dense ingredients for review and approval by a registered dietitian.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
Meal Planning/Inventory Management
- Curate 35-day menu blocks for review by dietitian, with a focus on nutritive, seasonal and organic options.
- Adapts menu to provide alternatives based on client allergy or dietary restrictions.
- Implements substitute of like ingredients due to availability or ordering issues.
- Recommends and adheres to weekly food budget.
- Manages food order, properly calculating quantities needed for current client count.
- Maintains inventory counts/logs, and reports discrepancies to Residential Services Manager.Kitchen Staff Compliance
- Assist in development of policies and procedures for kitchen staff
- Maintains and trains kitchen staff, including arranging or providing coverage for time off/unplanned absences
- Prepares meals per menu alongside kitchen staff, directing as necessary to ensure scheduled client mealtimes are met.
- Demonstrates, coaches and promotes adherence to food safety standards and a clean, safe and orderly workstation.
- Coordinates daily prep schedule for kitchen staff.
- Reviews daily staff communications, including temperature/task logs and staff notes.
- Establishes culture of positivity and teamwork, fostering open communication, addressing staff concerns, and boosting morale.
- Reports any kitchen or staff related issues to the Residential Services Manager.
- Maintains professional boundaries with staff and uphold client confidentiality per HIPAA guidelines.
- Upholds the mission, values, policies and spirit of Sage Recovery Villa.