Sage Recovery Villa is a 35-day, 15-bed residential treatment center for adults struggling with substance abuse and co-occurring mental health issues. This luxury treatment center is located on 24-acres of countryside estate, just east of Austin, in Manor, TX. Sage Recovery Villa is projected to open Winter of 2018.
Sage Recovery Villa is seeking Behavioral Technicians to oversee the safety and wellbeing of clients, and ensure adherence of clients to treatment programming and scheduling.
Position title: Behavioral Health Technician
Reports to: Residential Services Manager
Behavioral Health Technicians are responsible for around-the-clock supervision and care of clients, maintaining client adherence to treatment and focus on non-clinical treatment goals. They will monitor self- administration of medications and urinalysis collection, document observation of client behavior, and maintain a welcoming, nonjudgmental environment that encourages and supports clients in their recovery.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Monitors and documents client behavior and activity during shift; observes for signs of injury, illness, emotional distress, or other conditions requiring medical attention; communicates client status to clinical team and incoming technicians.
- Provides client orientation upon admission.
- Supervises client adherence to programming schedule.
- Conducts routine client and property screens as well as daily safety and compliance inspections.
- Collects client UA samples.
- Monitors client self-administration of medication; maintains medication records and inventory.
- Leads daily house meeting to facilitate discussion and conflict resolution of the milieu.
- Transports clients to and from recovery meetings and scheduled outings.
- Document completion and scanning, insurance claim submission, and additional administrative tasks.
- Light housekeeping.
- Related tasks as assigned by Residential Services Manager.
- Exhibits an open-mind approach to support client focus on recovery and utilization of coping skills.
- Maintains a safe, healthy, clean and positive environment for clients and staff; exhibits model behavior for other technicians, demonstrating self-control and sound judgement at all times.
- Applies crisis intervention techniques per company guidelines in stressful, volatile situations with or between clients.
- Follows emergency protocol and procedures, initiating if necessary.
- Maintains professional boundaries with staff/clients and upholds client confidentiality per HIPAA guidelines.
- Upholds the mission, values, policies and spirit of Sage Recovery Villa.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20lbs at a time.
- Must be able to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of time.